Ok, I’m finally getting to share my DIY Fabric Storage Basket Tutorial with you.
1. Gather materials: fabric, boxes, glue (spray adhesive), scissors
2. Cut material to fit box.
3. Cut from each fabric corner to the corner of your box. *Now you can also square out the corners, and then cut to the corner of the box, which is the method I prefer. However, this is the way I did it for this tutorial.
4. Get started gluing. Spray your adhesive on one side of the box and smooth the fabric over it. It will lap over the other sides, which is fine, just glue those down as well. Once your outside is secured and smoothed, you can glue the fabric to the inside of the box in the same manner.
5. Glue your last two sides onto the box, following the same previous steps. If you your material still overlaps the other sides, no problem…unless you are using a print where it will not blend. In that case you will want to trim your fabric.
6. And viola! You now have a cute little storage box. You can use any size box for this project. I’ve done one for our wii stuff for the living room, and I’ve done 2 of these for my daughter’s room. She has a shelf beside her bed for books, her bugsby system, stuffed animals, and whatever else she feels the need to keep close to her. I made these to hold books.
See how well they work! And aren’t they just adorable!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and if you have any questions on how to do this, ask away. I’d be happy to help. You could add labels to your boxes, ribbon, anything…get creative! I promise you will be glad you made one of these!