Today we did our gender reveal party! It has been just over a week since my step-mom did the ultrasound to find out if we were going to have a girl or a boy. She did a great job keeping the secret! Of course the Ramzi Theory said girl, but most of the old wives tales said boy…so of course that did not help my lack of intuition on the subject. Sassy, however, has said from day one, without the slightest bit of doubt, that she was getting a little sister. Being she seems to have some strange gift from God….I don’t call her a little prophet for nothin’…..I felt swayed that she would be correct, but we had to wait to find out.
We did a ‘small’ party….small based on my definition of course, because I have a lot of family. Our theme was ‘Baseball or Softball’. Everything turned out super cute! Our parents really helped pull everything off. Here are some photos:
Of course I know you now want to know what it is, so here ya go….
So it seems the Kees family is adding another little girl to the roster! We could not be more excited! God is good!
We are now 13 weeks pregnant, and counting! Yesterday was my 2nd OB appointment and we were lucky enough to pick up the baby’s heartbeat on doppler. Doppler showed we have a very healthy, busy baby. What a blessing! Dr. M said that since I had some high blood pressure issues with my last pregnancy that she wanted to get a 24 hour urine sample so we can get a base-line count on protein. We didn’t have a base-line of this last time and I had to do 24 hour collections far too many times to count. She said it is possible that I just have a generally higher protein count than most, but at least we would know so that if high blood pressure does arise this time, we will know if it is really a big deal or not. The high bp and swelling is definitely not something I want to have to deal with this time around, so I have been doing everything I can to prevent it. So far I’ve been successful, but it is still very early. It will be 20 weeks plus that I will really have to be watching it. I am happy to report that my bp was good at this appointment, so lets pray it stays that way. Doing the 24 hour collection is so not fun, but it is for a good reason…so regardless of how many times I have to pee in a 24 hour span (which…tmi…sorry…is A LOT), I will survive.
Pregnancy Symptoms/Issues Thus Far:
- Some clothing is getting too tight. It’s a good excuse to be getting fatter, but no one likes tight clothes.
- Strangely enough I’m getting bigger in the mid-section, but have only gained 1lb in 13 weeks. Good, but very weird to me.
- I have had to change my eating habits. I now eat all day long. LOL…I eat like 6 times a day..of course not big meals each time, but it has really been different for me. Coach swears I am going to eat him out of house and home and I need another job just to pay for the extra food cost. Whoops!!
- I have to pee more than I ever thought humanly possible.
- I struggle to get comfortable at night and get a lot less sleep than I use to.
- Most days I feel as thought I NEED a nap.
I can’t tell you how excited we are to have a baby!! Sassy is just as thrilled as anyone, and is set on us having a girl. Which…according to the Ramzi Theory….we will have a girl. Can’t wait to find out in a few weeks! I have to say it feels pretty good to be saying goodbye to the first trimester, and hello to the second! I do not miss the nausea!
Thanks for following us and God Bless!
- My grandfather in CO battling cancer.
- Coach’s grandmother’s recovery…so far she is doing really well.
- All the ladies who suffer from PCOS and all those trying to conceive.
- Our Government
- Closing on our new home. (Pending the government opening back up.)
- MOPS Convention next Thurs. through Sun. and safe travels for all.