I am so sorry it has taken so very long for me to post an update. I hadn’t realized how long it’s been. Time flies!
1. Rosalie (Rosie) Joy was born April 10, 2014 via c-section. She was 8lb 1oz and 21 3/4 in long. My beautiful baby is now 12 weeks old. I had been praying for a vbac, but she was breech. After trying all the flipping positions, chiropractic adjustment, and an external cephalic version, Dr. M decided for whatever reason she was not turning and at 7 days away from my due date, I was all baby and she was out of room. So 2 days later we went in for a section. It was pretty rough because Rosie was breech, twisted, and hung up in my abdominal muscles. My doctor had to extend my previous scar and cut some of my muscle in order to get her out. Aside from that struggle it was an amazing, family centered birth experience. I was able to hold her immediately and have her with me in recovery and nurse. I am so thankful for my doctor and the amazing nurses I had who fought for me to have the experience I did. Rosie now sits up with help, jabbers all the time, gives the sweetest smiles, eats cereal and 1st foods. We adore her!
2. Sassy is an amazing big sister! She is so proud of Baby Rosie.
3. Homeschool continued on after Rosie came. It was a change, but we made it through. We are still doing some work during the summer. And there may be a big announcement coming soon about this. Stay tuned!
4. We love our new home!! The space we have here is awesome. It is so nice to be able to have the whole family over with plenty of space.
5. A few months ago we lost our sweet Dachshund, Ginger. We miss her every single day. Bolt missed her a lot the first couple days, but is doing much better. It was very sad for us, and very sudden and unexpected. That sweet girl had been through a lot in her life.
6. Since having Rosie I have had no more pcos issues/symptoms. I hope that this will continue. I have been working to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, which is a huge help for those with pcos. I gained about 12-15 pounds with this last pregnancy, and lost about 25 pounds in the first 6 weeks postpartum. I was thrilled with that!