This week has been letter C week here! We learned all about the letter C, how to classify, how to compare and contrast, and all about clouds…among many other things. Those were just the new and big lessons we had this week. Since we studied clouds all week, we did a cloud experiment. Here is how it went:
1. Gather Materials: Ivory Soap and Plastic Wrap (or wax paper)
2. Unwrap the soap!
3. Place the plastic in the microwave, and the soap onto the plastic.
4. Microwave for about 2 minutes!
5. Watch the magic happen!
6. Investigate it! Check it out!
7. Crush it up in a bowl.
8. Mix with warm water and mold to create soap…again! LOL!
9. Once you have it molded into cookie cutters, while it is still wet, gently push it out. Leave in a cool, dry place for a few days to dry and set. And viola! You now have cute soap bars again! (You could also add food coloring to the mixture to create colored soaps.)